With the Royal Wedding just hours away and wedding season here, now is the time to discuss hat etiquette at weddings. We will provide you will five tips on wedding hat etiquette.
1. If you are the Bride, please let guests know of the dress code. Dress code also includes hats! This is normally announced eight weeks out from the wedding day.
2. The Mother of the Bride's hat should be larger than the Mother of the Groom's. The exception to this is if the Bride and Groom are hosting the wedding. In this case, both Mothers can wear equal hats.
3. Men should always take their hats off when going indoors. There is no exception to this rule.
4. Ladies should mimic the Mother of the Bride's hat behavior. If she removes her hat, then you should do so as well. If she puts her hat on, then you should put your hat back on too.
5. Pick your hat carefully. Wear a hat that you enjoy, but yet allows you to greet others. Keep in mind that wide-brimmed hats often get in the way of hugs and social kisses.
We hope that these tips help guide you to wearing a hat at a wedding. Enjoy shopping for your hat, and enjoy the special occasion. If you need help selecting a hat for a Big Day, Geaux Chapeaux is here to help you with your needs.